FRB (through CESAB and ECOSCOPE) are hosting the first Data Carpentry workshop in France!!!
ONLY 24 places are available!
Be early to secure your place!
at 20 Rue Berbier du Mets, 75013 PARIS.
These two days of intensive workshop will train you in the concepts and tools which will help you work more efficiently with data. Data Carpentry works to convey to researchers in a simple and understandable way, the skills that enable them to aggregate, view, manipulate, analyze and manage their data and data from other sources to ultimately extract elements of knowledge. These workshops have been very successful all over the world (e.g. USA, Australia, UK), and it is great to have them here in France!
The Data Carpentry method :
- The trainers are researchers in ecology
- Tools (R, OpenRefine, SQL etc) are demonstrated in a practical way using an actual ecological dataset which is used throughout the workshop to model the data management and analysis workflow that a researcher would use
- Lessons are for everyone, with little to no prior computational experience right through to advanced skills
- Lessons are distributed under CC-BY and are free for re-use or adaptation, with attribution
- Become part of an international community bringing together researchers, post-docs and PhD students from around the world
By the end of the workshop participants should be able to more effectively manage and analyze data and be able to apply the tools and approaches directly to their ongoing research.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at graduate students and other researchers. No prior experience is necessary, but note that the language of the workshop will be English.
What should I bring?
Participants must bring a laptop with a Mac, Linux, or Windows operating system (not a tablet, Chromebook, etc.) for which you have administrative privileges. You will be asked to have a few specific software packages installed.
Click here to register
If you have any questions please contact the team: FRB_data carpentry